Well 1st off 1024x768 is 4:3 not 16:9/16:8 so that's gonna result in whacky screen usage. 1024x768 is also the standard res for 17" so I'd think running native res. would result is same font size as it's a bigger monitor, not too mention only native res ever looks good on LCD. 1050-768 is only 282 pixels taller, the rest is the wide screen part, but you could try to increase the system font size to compensate YMMV.

I run my 4:3 17" FP1702's @ native 1280x1024x75 and use the CTRL++, CTRL+-, & CTRL+0 keys or mouse gestures in Firefox/Thunderbird to adjust fonts when they are too small to read.

DSinc wrote:
Ever since I got my Dell E207WFPc 20" wide-screen panel, I have noticed that web pages always display too wide. I always get the bar at the bottom of the screen display to move Right to see the REST of the page.
I can not seem to stop this behavior. Can I?

The Panel's native resolution is 1680x1050x60. I use it with 1024x768x60. I also use analog because my KVM switch will NOT do DVI cabling.

Two of my video cards will not do 1680x1050x60 at all. And, I can not read stuff comfortably at this default resolution even on the one PC that does have a video card able to do this resolution.

Is there any fix, or, happy medium I can try?
Thanks,