Good question, try it and let us know. Personally, I just got a digital converter for my old Sony 27" and it works well with rabbit ears. I get about a dozen stations because 2 of them have 2-3 channels each which was unexpected. NTSC is dead, long live ATSC.

Rick Glazier wrote:
Please notice Subject line change. TIA,

I've switched to all Digital TVs and/or converter boxes. (50-50).
No Analog TV will be used in analog mode in this topic/question.
I understand the difference. (NTSC is dead...)

Due to some DTV stations staying on VHF (instead of moving to
UHF) I can't use a new UHF(only) antenna I bought.
I would like to continue to use the rooftop antenna in my attic that
is very old but that has never been outside.  VHF/UHF.
(Wood and asphalt shingle 45* pitched roof.)

Rumor had it that the FCC was letting 2 VHF stations increase
power which seemed to help, but it has faded again and I think I have
to find my own solution.
BTW, I'm only 10 miles from all transmitters mentioned in this message
and all are with-in 1* of each other. I ALSO have "line of sight" to them
from my roof top on a clear day/night.
(In other words, I don't think I should be as screwed as I think I am.)
To make things worse, I have aluminum siding which limits other possibilities.
(I live in a Faraday shield.)

That was background, here is the question.
I have an old TV antenna system Broad Band Distribution Amplifier
from around 35 years ago that was never used. (It was a backup for
something in a different residential location for a failure that never came.)
It has active amplification and 3 or 4 outputs.

I have not looked up what the waveform of the DTV signals look like.
Is it likely I can use this old (basically analog) amp to boost the "new"
signals from my old antenna. I would feed the output to ONLY Digital-ready
TVs (etc) of course.

What are the chances this might work as hoped?

TIA.  Rick Glazier

----- Original Message ----- From: "maccrawj" Subject: Re: [H] Cable Modems & Splitters
Cable modem should be on 1st *tap*, no later.