From: Steve Tomporowski <didym...@gmail.com>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:30:06 AM
Subject: Re: [H] VCR to DVD

The Win-PVR 150 has an S-video/composite input, so you can input video for
capture, however, from what I hear, it does have problems with some 3rd party
capture applications (they graciously don't tell you which ones), since it
records directly to mpeg.

Steve

swzaske wrote:
Will a Hauppauge PVR 150 work as a capture card, I only used it to time shift
programs that aired while at work.

Steve Tomporowski wrote:
From experience, you have two different methods:  Either you go down to your
local computer shop and get a capture card (hauppauge, not ATI), about $120 or
you go down to your local Walmart and get a VHS to DVD recorder, also about
$120, then rip the DVD after recording.  Unfortunately VHS quality is still VHS
quality when it's on a DVD or on your computer.  The trade-offs are, the
Recorder won't tie up your computer for the length of the movie, however the
recorder will force you to edit, cut and paste if the movie is longer than 2
hours.

Steve

Al wrote:
Hi y'all,

Just gained access to a hugh collection of VCR tapes, old rental store
inventory. Great stuff from Cinderella to Debbie Does Dallas.

Been reading online about copying to DVD, seems I need some hardware.
Any recommendations? Anyone have something in the back of the closet to
recycle? Gladly pay any reasonable amount + shipping.

There's a hugh pile of tapes, so something  I can use with little input
from me would be preferred.

TIA,
al

database 4517 (20091017) __________