I use TrueCrypt to protect any and all sensitive data.   You could create an
encrypted volume and copy the folder to it.  When it is unmounted it is
encrypted and unreadable, to use you simple mount it and assign a drive
letter.  It can be driven via the command line and/or using Launchy (open
source keystroke launcher).   Works great and I would highly recommend it.

--
Gary
http://www.twigsandtracks.com