No. Not the uplink port but rather any one of those 3 ports.

So you will have 2 devices directly on the apple router. 1 port from the router to the switch and 1 device to the switch giving you 6 more open ports on the router.

I say put everything on the switch and just a cable from the switch to the apple router.

Performance should be a bit better since they are all on the single switch fabric.

Sent from my iPhone