Anthony,
Either save your new RAM for a future upgrade (m/b), or return; OR, troubleshoot why it does not work with what you have. Good luck!

The way stuff has gone in 2008-9, not surprised.
It is very tough now to move OLD stuff forward, I have found. Methinks the BIG boys really want all of our old stuff dead. JMHO.
Best,
Duncan

Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
I just put 8 GB of G.Skill ram only my Mobo (Gigabite P35-DS4).  This is
DD2-1066 CL5-5-5-15 ram.  I got this from NewEgg.

I quickly noticed Win7 would crash before too long. Finally, I got into Prime95
and it immediately halted saying that there was an error in calculation (it was
getting wrong results for known calculations!).  After seeing this, I put the
old 2G of HyperX DD2-800 ram back in the system.  Prime95 seems to be working
now, though I have not completed a full-length stress test.  I have been using
this ram for the last two years, though.

I did try a few other setting of the timing on the G.Skill ram, but never got
to anything that seems stable.

Should I keep going with this ram (while trying to find some setting that
works) or seek to return for an exchange with Newegg?  By the way, the old ram
gets a 5.5 on Windows Experience Index while the new ram gets a 7.2.

Thanks.