Ok...

Windows Easy Transfer...you can only transfer files to/from the exact same
folders on old and new computers (or hard disk).

Ok...then you'd think you can just use Backup and Restore....well, it will let
you put files anywhere...but it won't do it right. I can't copy all files and
subfolders within a folder and put them any some other folder. I will reproduce
the exact folder structure under the new folder. And don't accidently copy
"Program Files" or some other system folder.  You won't have permissions to
delete that folder, even if you have yourself as admin.  It's too stoopid.