Rick Glazier

From: <tmservo
Brief check tells me you need the newest bios to pull that off. No problem. Except you'd need -some- chip to go in it and boot to get a flash done. Kind of a catch22.

From: "Greg Sevart"
It -should- work. They're the same socket, but the 55xx series Xeons have an
additional QPI link for 2P (multi-socket) operation. Other than that, the
55xx series offers no benefits aside from perhaps a little more individual
validation relative to its single-QPI siblings.

I'm waiting for the 2.8GHz i7-930 in February before moving away from my
3.6GHz C2Q.