best is subjective... I mean, on what kind of budget?  Best bang for the buck
may be an i5-750/p55 combo.

Sent via BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Veech" <ve...@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:33:40
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: [H] Best board and chip going right now?

thanks Boz...

I have pretty much decided on getting the ATI 5850 graphics card at this
point.  Now the question is, do I want to upgrade the board and chip while
I'm at it?  If I decide to do so, I would really prefer to not have to
upgrade OS as XP seems to be working ok for me for now and I just don't want
to have to hassle with reloading all my programs.. *sigh*

So based on going with the 5850 graphics card, what board and CPU is the way
to go at this point?  If I *have* to go to Windows 7 then I will, but I just
want a quick fix at this point.