I'm pretty sure the receptacle is fine. I suspect that the instant-on fuser
of the laser is dropping the voltage momentarily, causing your UPS to
transfer to battery, at which time it fails because your battery is shot.
You could check the UPS to see if it has adjustments for transfer voltage to
make it stay on-line during that momentary drop caused by the fuser, but the
ES series units look fairly spartan in terms of adjustments.

It's also possible that you're overloading the UPS. The Back-UPS ES 350 is
only good for 200 watts. While your typical basic PC probably doesn't exceed
this at idle, it's possible that with a monitor and some other items that it
could be.