Gary,
You are welcome. Glad to help.

A new batt will make the UPS happy. It will not solve the load problem!

I've seen those meters. I want one too! What is it? "Watt-Wize?" "Watt-Mizer?".....Whatever. One day I will have one, or two!

Is your whole "study" on ONE 15A "branch line?" If so, your future thought/plan is a very good one. Pooter stuff is power hungry still.

I used to run all my equipment in my old CA dining room. Many CB trips! Never got it! Now, I have all my equipment spread out throughout my home.....on many separate branch circuits. Everybody is so happy now.
Please wish your better-half a Happy Valentine's Day for me. LOL!
Best,
Duncan