The one thing that keeps me torn between the 800 series LGA1156 and 900
series LGA1366 chips is the number of PCI Express lanes. The LGA1156 chip
and P55 platform offer very few PCIe lanes at 24 (16 from the CPU itself,
plus 8 from the P55), whereas X58 with ICH10 offers 42 lanes (36 from X58, 6
from ICH10). 24 is probably more than enough for most systems, but with one
(or more) GPUs, a RAID controller, and a smattering of onboard and add-in
components, and you're well beyond the LGA1156/P55's capabilities. Plus, the
PCIe lanes from the CPU itself can become a constraint when overclocking,
since they're tied to the chip's uncore clock.