Steve,

The interesting thing with i5-750 is overclockable. My i5-750 is able to run at 3.6GHz daily use, and the i7-920 3.3GHz daily. Of course all need HSF upgrade to Xigmatek Red-Scorpion.

I haven't tried Core-two-Duo Quad-core previously, so dunno the increment with the new one. My older one is E6600 (default speed 2.4GHz)