I'm a recent convert to the art of dual monitors...well, I stuck one of my computers on the 32" flatpanel TV, so I had an extra monitor.

The video card is an Nvidia 280 GTX and it's now driving a 22" widescreen and a 20" 4:3 (standard) display. One is maxed out at 1680 x 1050 and the other is 1600 x 1200. I'm letting Windows7/Nvidia manage the monitors, so that when I have some games that change the resolution, both monitors go through this light show for a few seconds before settling down. The screens flicker and flash. Now, am I missing some important application that can calm that down, or is it just a product of the differing monitors/resolutions coupled with resolution changing games?

Thanks....Steve