I dumped Ultramon some time ago for DisplayFusion when the Ultramon dev(s?)
took forever to get it working under W7.

But neither one is going to help--you're pretty much stuck. When resolutions
and such change, you're going to see it go nuts for a bit. I've been running
multiple monitors for some time now, both at work and at home, under XP,
Vista, and W7, both ATI and nvidia...it just happens.