Hello Stan,

> Sounds like you have a more than adequate video card right now so why
> upgrade? You want an Nvidia solution then go with the 480 which is
> overkill in every way possible (heat, energy, noise etc.). AMD is a
> different matter entirely and Nvidia can claim fastest video card on the
> planet but it will take another die shrink to become competitive with
> Ati. Look for the 3rd or 4th quarter and Nvidia will have something
> worth your hard earned money. Of course, AMD will be coming out with new
> hardware by then as well. Poor Nvidia just can't seem to catch a break
> by spreading themselves too thinly with all their other projects..

Hello James,

Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 11:47:45 AM, you wrote:

> Your 4870 is still pretty capable, to get something that
> meaningfully outperforms it you're looking at a radeon 5850/5870, or an
> Nvidia GTX470/480

Thanks guys. I think I will sit tight another year or two. My reason
for upgrading was that STO lags a bit for me in ground missions and I
cannot run the game video at full - one step below is fine though. I
can deal with it. I'll check again at the end of the year. Appreciate
your time.

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."