Yep, monopoly is the wrong word.  Lots of other people make tablets, phones,
mp3 players, and have online music services, with various degrees of market
share.

"Close ecosystem" or "walled garden" are probably more appropriate.

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>
+1 (514) 466-2756 Canada