Thanks for the help in the past here. Most recent build was 2007 where
I started a similar post. You folks were helpful in building a PC that
I am still gaming on today, with only a video card upgrade between now
and then and that was due to failure after 2.5 years.

This time around I need to start right from the chassis. Previous
build I just re-used a metal Chieftec tower. This time around I need a
whole new case because the PC in the Chieftec is going to get wiped
and used for my wife.

Here's a general idea of where the plan stands. A gaming/simulation PC
that also does some video editing, mainly family HD recordings or
gaming videos. It will do flight and racing simulations and I plan on
doing 3 screens down the line. I've usually done Nvidia cards but this
time around I plan on going ATI. I have no allegiance to either card
company but very much want the option to run 3 screens and the ATI
performance will be more than enough for me.

I'm thinking ATI 5870 right now. I'm also thinking Intel i7 930 to 950
range depending on cost per performance.

FIRST STEP, I need a case!

I don't want anything too fancy. Spending big money on the case itself
hurts. However I want something that gives me the room to build, and
if need be later easily crossfire the ATI cards, and have adequate
cooling. I've looked at a few.

MY DILEMNA, I have a small open desk setup to the right of my main
gaming office desk. I fit my Chieftec tower in there with clearance
enough to keep the little keyboard tray to that desk. It fits 3 towers
with ease. I use it to have my gaming PC, my kids PC, and a LAB/DUMMY
PC. That way my legs are free of wires and heat while at the gaming PC
desk. Width is no issue but height may be. It seems my Chieftec tower
(WITH OUT FEET INSTALLED) stands at 20.5 inches.

I can always remove that desk's keyboard tray, but I like it for
neatness and my little kids have it at a good height but would prefer
to keep it.

Few full tower cases I've looked at:

Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Black Case HEIGHT: 21.5 inches
Thermaltake Element V VL20001W2Z HEIGHT 21 inches

Few mid tower cases I've looked at:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case HEIGHT:
19.5 inches (It fits!)
COOLER MASTER CM690 II Advanced Black Steel body HEIGHT:  20.10 (It fits!)

SO, the mid towers fit, the full towers are a tad too tall. Can anyone
recommend another good gaming tower I can look at? Or any suggestions
regarding the search itself.

I have not bought a new tower by itself since 2003.

Appreciate any and all of your suggestions as I start putting together
the parts of the next machine.