OK, progress to understanding!

The only manually setup port forwarding you should need is for Samba or NetBios file sharing which are typically WAN ingress blocked by the router. Normally on Modem->Router setup this is what you want as every thing on the WAN side is Internet but in this case you want to forward (I assume) those kinds of traffic between SubnetB & SubnetA.

All other functions: DNS, DHCP, & Gateway should already work fine since SubnetB clients make requests of the subnet's router. There should be no custom tweaking to get this much too work since at a micro level all clients rely on the local router without a care that the next hop is more Intranet rather than Internet. At the macro level NAT from SubnetB takes care of getting onto SubnetA and ultimately a second NAT across RouterA get's RouterB's clients to the internet. Hence the term "Double NAT'd" from earlier.

I don't know how old or what model/rev linky's you got but I assume the oldest WRT54 series is going to do DD-Wrt giving you more control. You may have to resort to using telnet to setup iptables firewall rules if port forward GUI won't do what you want. For that matter they are just linux boxes and you can configure a lot like what's bridged at the router.