Before you reset the "Read Only" attribute of all your PDF files, just reset one of them on your NAS and then see what happens. If that works you can then use the attrib cmd to change all your PDF files at once.

Not sure about the "sub-protection about this file MAY BE from a blocked web-site".
I haven't checked, but I'll bet that google is your friend.
You're on your own. on this one.

Regards,
Mike