Well, I got my 1055T yesterday and with the latest Gigabyte BIOS it was recognized just fine and Vista gives me a 5.9 on performance. CoolNQuiet is enabled and AMD Turbo Core may or may not work as I've not placed that big a load on it yet. I'm crunching down a 7.5 gig DVD movie to 700 MB's and it's ETA is 27 minutes. All 6 cores are being used and processor usage is around 50 %. Default vcore is 1.2750 at 2.8 GHz and I haven't tried overclocking because frankly I'm not interested. It's fast enough as it is but most people are reporting 4.2 GHz stable on air cooling with 1.5 or 1.55 volts. Real nice so far and I couldn't be more pleased.

On 5/3/2010 7:49 PM, tmse...@rlrnews.com wrote:
It outpaces the i975 at the office (but its close, really close).

But as a drop in replacement, easiest option ever.
Sent via BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Stan Zaske<swza...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 19:42:29
To:<hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] My 2010 Gamer PC Build

Yeah, can't wait to see the difference on Handbrake myself.

On 5/3/2010 4:14 PM, tmse...@rlrnews.com wrote:
Our local microcenter had the 1090t for $199. Basically too good of a deal.  It
won't challenge intels high end anywhere, but its performance out of handbrake
any on the newer x64 x264 encoder rocks.  I mean, really rocks.  I guess I'm
not so much a gamer where that's a big sell factor for me.
Sent via BlackBerry