I use both Chrome and Firefox myself. Chrome is definitely targeted less in
attacks and overall has not had many issues. It has a nice feature with
incognito mode which should be used for almost all browsing unless you are
going to gmail, facebook, etc. But if you are googling stuff and clicking links
and have no idea where you may be going then incognito is a nice feature to be
using. I would say at this point in time Chrome is the safest browser to be
using because of the number of attacks targeting it as well as the number of
security holes that have been found are low. Also with the silent updates it's
very hard to be running an out of date version of it which is the biggest issue
with exploits. Also chrome definitely has the speed and footprint advantage
from my personal experience. Closing tabs and having the processes go away and
release memory is a lot nicer than firefox's behavior. Tom's hardware did a
nice comparison of browsers
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firefox-chrome-opera,2558.html

Limewire is very bad for security reasons just because its so easy to download
something like a song and in fact it’s a Trojan. Not sure if the software
itself is insecure but with torrents these days I see no need for limewire.

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq (CISSP, GIAC-GREM)
Sr. Security Researcher
Websense Security Labs