LOL, as if WA is a bad thing to have? AS posted, you can (as with any program) select the associated file types to limit what will launch WA.

The embedded NASA video stuff is as bassackwards as their moron managing the RSS for the NASA picture of the day feed! He of course did not get that the feed is mis-coded and did not want to go against the "consultant" that set it up, no wonder we've lost 2 shuttles! It's about time they simply went player agnostic....

WMP NEVER get's launched my rigs and I'd delete all traces if I could! Reminds me I had a chuckle a few days ago when one of us stupidly asked why use anything but Window Media Center.