Bryan,
Thank you. I think you have solved all my confusion.
I'll read up on DNS Relay.
Plan to disable the DHCP Server. Understand your share of "depends,...".
Believe this a LAN-side business anyway per my router's docs. I manually
assign LAN IP addys. Old habit...... :)

Should the "wan mode:" be DHCP, most everything else falls into place.

Yes, I expect that the new ISP may supply me with 'local' settings for
my "PC", but do not divulge ATM. Actually, they mention the Install Tech using a USB FlashDrive to 'install' my device to their service. That's a bit creepy. This I need to run down.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Best,
Duncan