At 05:13 PM 29/07/2010, Anthony A Riederer wrote:
It is time for me to upgrade. If I were to piece something up. What is the
preferences on MB, CPU, Video, etc. Today? I currently have a core 2 Duo
E6300 @1.86 on an Asus P5Q Deluxe, 4GB DDR2 and a Radeon 1600 vid. I know
its dinosaur crap from around 2007 before my brain injury. I am recovered
enough to start playing some games again, etc. Should I upgrade the proc,
and vid on my existing setup which is running fine, or ditch it and start
new again. If I start over what is the collectives recommendations? Price
and performance are important here. I do some gaming, and video stuff etc.

I'd probably move to an I3 or i5 (I think these are better bang for buck than I7.) If you need 4G or more RAM then you're going to need 64 bit, which can be a bit iffy, but doable. I'd go with the Pro version so you can run Virtual XP in case you need it. For video I'd go here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-radeon-hd-geforce-gtx,2676.html