LAST CHANCE!
I seem to have a replacement C2D E8400 chip in my possession.
Yes, I do have a machine that continues to believe it only has 1 core.
Fine. Done all the fixes. As Thane would say, this machine is ready
for a 'Wash.' This is not a problem at all. The machine is/was a 'test' machine.
It will be the 1st new 'test' machine I build. No harm, no foul.
No, I did never erase/rebuilt the WinXPsp3 OS. I am sensetive to the List.
No matter. Moving forwardnow.

My trouble is I did not ORDER it!
I did not PAY anything for it!
And, the folks that sent IT to me do NOT respond to my asks for
information. Fine.

Am I strange? Maybe.
One last chance to find my magic elf!
Whomever it may be, Thank You.
Sorry. It will never be tried/used.
This machine will be rebuilt into a machine that Greg already finds lame.
Fine. Life goes on.
I'm just trying to close the books on 2012.................... :)
Duncan