From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Tomporowski
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:34 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Good UPS's

No, Duncan, no hot button.  This was supposed to be a different threat
(maybe I should have named it differently??), I don't need a UPS now, but I
don't think we've discussed UPS's very heavily on the list.  Just looking
for other's experiences.  APC wouldn't still be in business if all they had
was crap.

The cyberpower reviews I've read come down to a low number of initial
problems, however, once there is a problem, they are slow to respond.
That's similar to a lot of companies.

I've never worked on inverters, so I can't say as to how difficult it is to
supply a true sinisoidal waveform.  One thought that does come to mind is
whether a UPS can do power factor correction. Again, that's an area I
haven't had to do anything in, so far.

If you want a real 'hot button', ask me about PTC, the makers of
MathCAD....;-)

Steve