Yes it does support different disk sizes in their Synology Hybrid Raid
setup (1 or 2 disk fault tolerance).

Like I said, Synology isn't cheap but I wanted less hassles and a smaller
footprint (power, size, etc) - I ended up re-using most of my Unraid disks,
plus a few new ones for the Synology since I had to maintain my Unraid
array, copy to Synology, turn down Unraid, repurpose old Unraid drives.

I'm at ~34TB with 8x 4TB + 5x 3TB with room for 5 more drives.