OK,
So I just got off the phone with my older Brother. He owns the Gigiagyte GA-M51GM-S2G m/b. We found out his BIOS is 'F4.' 12 versions below the latest 'F16beta.' OK his m/b is truly questionable to support, even marginally, any SSD! I get it. He chooses to push on. Fine. We had a shouting match about WHO should phone Gigabyte about 'whatever.' He lost. His position is "ain't gonna change no m/b just to run W7/W8.1. I just said fine.
I now wait what he gets back from Gigabyte............................ :)
Thanks Collective,
Duncan