James,
I totally agree with you; however, old habits die hard, and my OB is full of old habits that I just live with as I try to provide 'family' support. I will share this observation with him after he buys his new PC. I have told him to always leave the PC's powerplug plugged in (with the PC off!) to provide a discharge path for any built-up static built-up charge. Yes, I realize that vacuum cleaners can be death to a PC. I've somehow managed to NOT toast any of mine for the past 25 years. Perhaps just lucky. I do accept your logic and the
obvious potential loss. Very good point!
Thank you,
Duncan

enable a discharge path for any ES energy his vacuum tools may create