I looked around a little bit and couldn't find anything directly relating to this on the net.

My buddy's daughter bought a notebook computer and suddenly I got an email in a panic that she couldn't save her file. Not a lot of detail, but a subsequent email said that once she plugged in, she could save.

Anyone ever heard of what's happening here? I have to get some detail as to what she's talking about. I have no idea what she is seeing when she 'can't save'. The operating system is Win8 but she's using Open Office (after I told them about Libre Office, sheesh).

Thanks...Steve