From what I've heard so far, she's using Open Office 4.1.0. The problem is saving slides only, not documents. And being plugged in is not a solution, it misses there also. The general pattern is: Make a change, save, close, reopen, changes not saved. Right now I've told her to bump Open Office to 4.1.1 and see what happens. There seemed to be a few instances where people have had problems saving in Open Office, but none less than a year old.

On 10/19/2014 6:40 PM, Joshua MacCraw wrote:
It's probably the classic PEBCAK issue of not relaying the actual
error message or exact details of what is what thus applying universal
but inaccurate terms to the problem. Can't wait to hear what the
problem is if an answer is found (not likely using bulldozer method).

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Thane Sherrington