I don't think so... the laptop supports IEEE 802.11 G. I have two routers here and it can't connect to either one of them. If I boot into Win7 then it works fine. Security is WPA2... it is all common protocols and encryption that I would be surprised if it was that. I don't know enough about Linux to troubleshoot it. Maybe the driver but I wouldn't know where to go for other drivers.

At 06:49 PM 11/29/2014, you wrote:
Are the router and your laptop using the same wireless protocol ?  Could
there be a mismatch there ?

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardware [mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf
Of Winterlight
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:52 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Linux Unbuntu support

I am running Elementary 0 on my old IBM X41 tablet. I can't get the Wifi to
work... it sees my router but won't connect. All settings appear right... I
am no Linux expert..  but just keeps trying to connect without resolving the
connect or giving an error message. The only kind of support I can find for
Elementary 0 consists of chat group on the web site that where there are
lots of questions and no answers for anybody. Elementary 0 is Ubuntu based
so I figure if I can find a good Ubuntu email group, or forum maybe I can
get some help.... any body know of a good Utuntu user group / forum / email
list? Thanks w