It's a Thinkpad with a station doc so business.

At 01:18 PM 12/18/2016, you wrote:
Provided it's a business grade laptop, it'll be fine. Home grade, probably not.

On 18/12/2016 3:13 PM, Winterlight wrote:
I am currently in temporary quarters for the next couple of months. With my WS I never turned anything off it would run untill I had to reboot for updates. I have sent up a temporary office using a Lenovo Edge I7 Quad core, my good mechanical keyboard, mouse and a 24 inch monitor. The laptop is plugged in and sitting on a Thermaltake giant fan laptop cooler. I turn it on in the morning and turn it off at night. I would like to just let it run all night as I want it to keep checking mail, and be ready to use when I turn the monitor back on in the morning rather then having to boot up, and set everything up again. Does it hurt a laptop to let it run like this 24/7? Thanks