Thanks
keep doing that over and over, even got to one window that let me install the cert.
so far no luck.
may be a permission problem, I'll keep slugging.
fp

At 02:21 PM 12/27/2016, Michael Resnick Poked the stick with:
I had a similar problem with Eudora (yes, I'm still using it too).
After doing some googling I found that the following solution worked for me.

You need to tell Eudora to add the new certificate to the list of trusted certificates. In the personalities window, right-click on the personality and select "properties" Go to the "incoming mail" tab.
Click on the "last SSL info" button at the bottom.
Click on the "certificate manager" button.
The certificate in question should come up selected.
If there is a + button next to it, click on that.
Repeat if necessary until you get to the bottom level.
Select that certificate then click on the button to add it to the trusted certificates.
That should solve the problem.

Good luck!
Mike