I will check that out, long time since had to mess with config files.
If I set Eudora to use if available startTLS it sometimes actually works. usually not though.
guess I had too much free time today to screw with this. =-O
fp

At 07:50 PM 12/27/2016, Greg Sevart Poked the stick with:
They also could have switched off SSLv3 or TLS 1.0, or deprecated old
ciphers no longer considered secure like RC4 or 3DES. If that or the SHA-1
deprecation is the problem, you could use stunnel as well. Stunnel was
basically created to permit systems that don't support SSL/TLS to connect to
servers that do. Logically, Eudora would connect to your local stunnel (even
cleartext auth is fine since it's local), and stunnel would establish an
encrypted connection to the server. Just be warned, stunel setup is done via
config file; there is no GUI. I suspect you can find some relevant examples
if you Google.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardware [mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf
Of Jamie Furtner
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 8:01 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Happy Next Year ! ? Eudora

It is probably because your mail provider has switched to certificates with
a newer hash (SHA256) that Eudora doesn't support. If that's the case,
you're probably out of luck and it's (way, way) past time to upgrade.
Nothing you can do will make Eudora support the certificate as the old SSL
libraries didn't understand anything newer than SHA1 hashes, and there are
not supposed to be any new SHA1 certificates created after 2016.

You could connect using a client that works and then look at the certificate
through it (it'll say something about a Signature Algorithm
- if it says sha256 then Eudora will likely no longer support it).

Jamie Furtner ja...@furtner.ca

Date:  Tuesday, December 27th, 2016

        ***Caution Tagline Below***
                **Tallyho**
You tell 'em Envelope, you're well posted.