What other ports do you have on the back of your monitors?  I have
something plugged into each monitor input (HDMI, DVI & vga) and I just use
the on-monitor switch to toggle over to another input since some of them I
only use occasionally. I use a usb hub with toggle button to switch the
kbd/mouse b.etween machines. Most of the time I'm using dual monitors off
my main PC but occasionally Ill switch so the second monitor is showing one
of the other computers then I'll toggle the kbd/mouse over when I need to
set something running.

This is the switch I'm using and I have it right next to the kbd & mousepad
so I can toggle quickly back and forth
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BD8I3EI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

lopaka