Hmmm, I guess it has been on the power brick b/c it's been on the desk or in my
lap in the living room...and hmmmm, to be clear I wasn't using that power brick
for a while, but instead using the one that came with the laptop from MSI which
is much smaller and portable-so I usually take that one with me...I don't
remember the exact date I started using the 3rd party one (pwr-plus.com)...I
never thought of the charger causing issues...and it's so intermittent...guess
I could switch back to using the OEM one and see if the lockups stop...

Nothing I can check in Windows to see if there's more info about this?  Weird
power spikes/surges?  Any third party tools I can run?  Physical
instrumentation I can use to check?  Not much of an EE myself unfortunately...

Btw, I do see some weird processor speed limitation messages in the Event
Viewer...don't think they're related but anyone know what this is about?!

Shows up as Level: Warning, Source: Kernel-Processor-Power (MS-Win-K-P-P),
Event ID: 37, Task category: (7)
-The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The
processor has been in this reduced performance state for 1 seconds since the
last report.

I have 8 of those messages, one for each core, 0-7 after every restart...maybe
that's causing the random lockups and I need to fix that maybe...?

                                                        BINO