On May 17, 2005, at 5:51 AM, David Griffiths wrote:

Maybe a concrete example would help. Let's say you have a GC module
written in C. One of it's API calls is to allocate a new object. How
is your JIT module going to produce code to use that API? Via a C
function pointer?

This is a good example of what I was trying to get at. We'll need to decide on one standard way that things interoperate, and let those who which implementation freedom to deal with the impedance match.

geir

Dave