On May 19, 2005, at 10:34 PM, Renaud BECHADE wrote:

ïFrom the llvm web site: "LLVM does not currently support garbage
ïcollection of multi-threaded programs or GC-safe points other than
ïfunction calls, but these will be added in the future as there is
ïinterest."  I would imagine that's quite a lot of work.

Ouch, but I suppose this is less work than say write form scratch an
optimizing JIT for 4 or 5 different architectures (x86, AMD64, powerpc32bit,
powerpc64bit, sparc, arm, etc.)

Well, I dunno. I would think that if we got enough momentum and became 'real', we'd find someone from Intel, AMD, IBM, Sun etc to help out ;)

I'm actually not that worried about the ports.

I think that this is one of the few places where I'd bet that "if we build it, they *will* come"

geir

RB

collection of multi-threaded programs or GC-safe points other than
function calls, but these will be added in the future as there is
interest."  I would imagine that's quite a lot of work.

Cheers,

Dave

-- Geir Magnusson Jr +1-203-665-6437 [EMAIL PROTECTED]