On 20 May 2005 17:54:11 -0600, Tom Tromey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is too vague -- we don't know much about the unexpected. Plus,
> in most cases, the "core" part of the VM is simply not very important.
> There just isn't much code there -- JamVM is 20KLOC, anybody could
> comfortably rewrite this.

Hmmm, well I used to work with the author of JamVM (Rob Lougher) and he's
one of the brightest guys I know. I think you'll find that the low LOC
figure is testament to his ability to write lean code rather than an
indication of how easy it is to knock off a JVM on a wet Sunday afternoon.

BTW has anyone asked Rob about donating JamVM to Harmony? As the (currently)
sole owner he should have no problem with switching licenses.

Cheers,

Dave