>1. In order not re-invent the wheel, it would be better to start from
>     JVM Sun's implementation. The code, if  I'm not wrong, is public.
>     Or, at least, from a solid implementation.

The license is restrictive enough to force FreeBSD users to download
manually and separately Sun's code and the patches....

> 2. An attracting feature would be designing the Harmony JVM to be portable
>     across Windows and Linux.

Hum ... I would rather it exists on non linux free unices & some embedded
systems, that really are in need for a /good/ JVM. (win$ can be supported of
course, but I am not sure win$ users are the main target, at the beginning)

RB

 1. In order not re-invent the wheel, it would be better to start from
     JVM Sun's implementation. The code, if  I'm not wrong, is public.
     Or, at least, from a solid implementation.

 2. An attracting feature would be designing the Harmony JVM to be portable
     across Windows and Linux.

 3. I think that the C language should be used instead of C++.

ciao,
 Enrico