Hi,

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
I thought about it. I'm not sure we'd have a project for someone, but if we do, it's a good thing for us to do.

if not, I still urge anyone that has the time to help out in whatever way they can. I know that the ASF is providing some volunteer mentors, and I'm not sure if other organizations are doing the same.

I think that there is a lot of room in the reimplementation of the tools that come with Suns JVM. A lot of them can be implemented independently of any specific JVM. Off the top of my head some of the projects could be (dependening on the skill level and interest of the participants).

* jconsole
* rmic
* javadoc
* apt
* appletviewer
* jar
* javah
* javap
* keytool
* jarsigner
etc.

Some of those tools probably will tie into JVM specific features but I am sure that they could be built on top of Suns JVM and then re-targeted for Harmony when it is sufficiently advanced.

Thoughts?,

Peter Donald