>From a user perspective, Jikes RVM uses classpath "out of the box".  (It
builds with unmodified GNU classpath releases and classpath cvs head; we
don't distribute GNU classpath with Jikes RVM).

We do provide our own versions of a few classes in java.* that the build
process selects instead of using the classpath ones, but if that's the
definition of not using classpath out of the box, then I'm not sure anyone
actually uses classpath out of the box.

--dave