On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 10:05 -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Sven de Marothy wrote:
> >> I am not sure why it would be illegal if someone like IBM were to
> >> use the
> >> Harmony JVM but use Suns class library. Actually I think that this
> >> use case
> >> is one of the aims of the project.
> >>

> > It is in violation of Sun's EULA.
>
> IBM would understand this, and IBM, if they wanted to do this, would
> work out the licensing with Sun, I assume.  That's not our concern.

Geir.. I really don't get your position here.

The way I read your arguments are: Harmony should spend time and energy
implementing Sun's class library interface, which is proprietary,
closed-source, unspecified, may change at any time and requires a
licensing agreement with Sun to be practically useful.

And if Harmony doesn't spend time on this, it'd be 'willfully
restricting' the ability of users?

I really don't view it that way. I view it as 'Is it worth spending
effort on this?'.

/Sven