Ok, from the school of "Storming the Gates! Take 2", lets again examine the question of VM/classlib interface as this is an important aspect to address and our first run at it wasn't so successful.

The questions I have are all around the different ways has this been done. So far we know about GNU Classpath, but I assume there are others. What I'm specifically interested in is :

   - what were the architectural goals
   - what mistakes made in the past did you try to avoid
   - what are the known limitations
   - does the interface support our target version of 1.5

Anyone who has experience, please post it here, describing the particulars rather than just point someone to docs or code that may be under a license not acceptable by everyone. That said, please include any references too...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]