-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:23 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org

I'm focused on bringing our legal framework issues to conclusion.  (I
have a long flight today, so expect to see something COB today...)

However, there's an issue that's been brought to my attention from
several people, and I wish propose that we explicitly state our
mailing list policies, as they are now based on "general
understandING" rather than a written policy that's available to
everyone.

I propose the following is added to the top of the mailing list page
on the site (I've added and published, currently marked as proposed)
and included in the welcome message for each subscriber, and posted
once a month to all lists as part of a monthly FAQ :

Apache Harmony mailing lists operate under the following terms :

This forum has been created for public communication about projects
of The Apache Software Foundation (the "Foundation"), a Delaware
nonprofit corporation classified as a public charity under 501(c)(3).
All communication intentionally submitted to the Foundation on this
forum is considered a Contribution to the Foundation unless otherwise
noted in the communication. The terms and conditions that apply to
your Contributions are defined by either a contributor license
agreement (CLA) signed by you and/or your employer or, if no such CLA
is on file at the Foundation, by the terms and conditions of
Contributions as defined by the Apache License, Version 2.0.

Further :

1) If you do not wish your post to be a Contribution, please do not
post it. However, in the event that you do, please mark as "NOT A
CONTRIBUTION" at the top of the posting.

2) Do not post any code that is not your original work, or code that
you do not have clear authorization to contribute.

3) Do not engage in detailed discussion of any implementation that
you have been exposed to unless such implementation is available to
everyone under an open source license or is your own implementation.

4) Under no circumstances will any committer accept code for
inclusion in our SVN repository contributed on the mailing list
unless it is from an Authorized Contributor, as defined $link.

(I'm still working on the $link :)

Comments?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]