Hi,
  I can confirm Jerome's results. I tried out the test with 3
different optimization options (Optimize for size, for speed, and
'maximum optimizations') for the MSVC 7.1 (2003) compiler. In all the
cases, the running time was 0 seconds. When I compiled and ran the
code with no optimizations, I got a running time of 3.1090 seconds.
  For a more comprehensive test of ICC, GCC and MSCV, take a look at
the following page:
   - Performance Comparison of Java/.NET Runtimes (Oct 2004)
     (http://www.shudo.net/jit/perf/)
     Found the link on the Harmony wiki,  :)  under the JVM Benchmarks
section (http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/JVM_Benchmarks).

  The test pits GCC 3.4.2 against ICC 8.1 and MSVC 7.1. So maybe we
should re-run the tests in two months, when we have MSVC 8 to test
against GCC 4.0.2 and ICC 9. ;)

Regards,
Tanuj