Hi Enrico,
  For what it's worth, here is the data you wanted  :)
              OS: Windows XP Prof. with SP2
 Processor: Intel P4 3 GHz with HT
           RAM: 512 MB, ~155 MB free

Tested against the code supplied in your earlier mail.

Compilers Tested: 1. MingW with GCC 3.4.2
                                   2. MS Visual C++ 2003 (7.1)
                                   3. MS Visual C++ 2005 (8.0) BETA

                                     MingW         MSVC7.1      MSVC8.0
Default                         3.5310          3.1090          3.0930
Maximize Speed        0.1560          0.0000          0.0000
                                       [-O3]               [\O2]
       [\O2]

All the tests were run 5 times, and the lowest execution time was noted.
Hope this helps :)
Tanuj