Enrico,

Good work!  Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been
having an e-mail issue.

If you could post to JIRA the things you did to make this happen,
they could be evaluated as to what should be done, if anything,
to roll this into the source base.  The best way to report the
source changes for something like this is probably to use an 'svn diff'
report on that change.

>  Since, tomorrow I'm going to do some debugging, I wanted
>  know if someone can address me where to start from. Should
>  I debug something like "java HelloWorld.class"? Am I supposed
>  to define a sort of CLASSPATH environment variable where
>  the bootJVM will look for system classes?

Running 'config.sh' is supposed to ask for that.  Since you are
using MSVC, I presume you have not done a whole lot with it
beyond running it under CygWin to set up 'config/config.h' and
friends.  That's okay, because part of the package is setting up
a temporary CLASSPATH internally using the 'bootclasspath'
facility.  If you answer 'yes' to the configuration question to set
it up, selected classes from your _current_ JDK will be incorporated
into a 'bootclasspath' subdirectory at the top level, namely, the same
level as the 'config' directory.  Look for 'bootclasspath' in both UPPER
and lower case in the scripts and source for details.

Concerning debugging 'HelloWorld.class', I am still in the midst of
finishing up the remaining Java opcodes in 'jvm/src/opcode.c' and
you will need this update before you will be able to run any code.
Stay tuned to The List for details.

>  I've got another question. I've noticed that, along with bootJVM,
>  there is more than one source code contribution: am I compiling
>  and debugging the right source code?

There's lots of goodies to look at, with more coming.  We are in a
gathering phase for code contributions and mine is one among
several.

> thanks for any help,
>   Enrico

Dan Lydick